Why Join Tiny
With software used by millions of developers and thousands of products worldwide, Tiny creates some of the world’s most popular open-source software.
Tiny builds the software that helps support some of the world’s most innovative start-ups and established enterprises; we create developer tools for the modern world. Most developers would be familiar with TinyMCE, the flexible open source rich text editor used by companies such as Atlassian, Accelo, Drift, and more.
Scaling up our remote team, Tiny is evolving and growing our team globally as we continue to expand our product offerings and create even better developer experiences.
Big problems are solved with Tiny solutions.
As Tiny’s resident Developer Relations Manager, you will showcase to the developer community all of the amazing things TinyMCE can do to solve their WYSIWYG challenges. Through a mix of strategies, tactics and channels, you will communicate the value and hidden benefits of TinyMCE.
TinyMCE is used in millions of apps and powers 40% of the world’s websites, so you’ll have lots of stories and examples to draw from. You’re also not alone in this role – you’ll collaborate with Tiny’s diverse marketing, product and engineering teams to ensure your engagement strategies have a lasting and meaningful impact.
– Grow, nurture and interact with the TinyMCE community both online and in-person including on GitHub Discussions and StackOverflow.
Pitch and attend community events and tradeshows to talk about TinyMCE or related topics
– Engage with and interview with media or partners via phone, podcasts, in-person and virtually
– Create and maintain developer examples and community programs such as office hours to enhance community engagement in line with the developer evangelist strategy
– Develop and manage a start-up program and partner with key start-up communities like Techstars, Y Combinator, 500 Startups and others to promote TinyMCE’s solutions
– Develop and report on the key goals for the developer evangelist program
Abilities and Education
– Proven ability to build a following and be an influencer in a developer community
– 5+ years experience in developer relations and customer-facing technical roles
– Strong verbal communication with a passion for talking
– Excellent written communication skills
– Willingness to travel internationally and domestically – COVID restrictions pending
– A curious mind and a desire to learn and teach new things
– Ability to breakdown complex technical language and communicate it to a wider audience
This is a fully remote, work from home position that can be worth from anywhere in North America.