Join our DX – Developer Experience team who loves teaching, enabling innovation, and educating developers about the power of Memgraph. You will join a team of Technical Writers and Developer Relations Engineers spread across documentation, demos, and tutorials. However, we are looking to increase our presence across the developer communities of graph enthusiasts, streaming, and python developers.
As a Developer Advocate, you will develop and lead initiatives to engage, support, enable and grow the global Memgraph community by being their advocate and communicating their needs to our internal product and engineering teams. You will connect with other developers and share your knowledge and experience about Memgraph and other leading technologies at conferences and meetups, in articles, videos, blogs, and social media. Your work will drive Memgraph’s participation in the streaming space and the larger database industry. You must be located in the UK for this role (preferably in London) and willing to travel to attend various meetups and conferences where developers gather.
– Building and executing advocacy programs that successfully deliver content, brand awareness, and community building
– Serving as a technical ally and partner to developers in helping them build, manage, and scale their applications
– Creating technical content for talks, blog posts, videos, and demos for developers
– Present talks, demonstrations, and workshops for virtual and in-person developer conferences, events, and hackathons across the region and internationally
– Developing a strong online presence and supporting engineers through popular social media channels such as Discord, Twitter, and GitHub Discussions
– Building relationships with individuals and organizations who support and inspire developer communities
– Leading the conversation around the latest technology advancements and best practices in the developer community
– Experience in a technical field with 2+ years of technical evangelism, developer relations, or community building experience within a technical space
– Experience participating in online and offline developer communities and ecosystems (e.g., open-source platforms, blogs, YouTube videos, tech conferences, hackathons, meetups, technical teaching, and training)
– Experience presenting or explaining technical topics to a technical audience
– Experience writing technical articles or blog posts
– Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably Python, C++, or Rust
– Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
– Strong research skills and the ability to pick up new technical concepts fairly quickly
– Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
– Being comfortable with working in a dynamic environment
– Contributing to open-source projects and know-how to set up one of your own
– Experience using or managing Memgraph and Cypher query language
Knowledge of graph theory
– Remote work
– Flexible working hours & time off
– Home office budget for custom setup
– Personal development budget
– Monthly work from home allowance
– Flexible sick-leave policy
– Health insurance & 100% paid sick leave
– Gym membership allowance
– Employee referral incentives
– Dedicated time for research & learning
– Stock options
We are a fast-growing startup in the enterprise software space focusing on developers and helping them solve some of the most complex problems out there using graphs. To depict the massive opportunity ahead, the graph database market is growing 100% year on year, and Gartner predicts the same growth in the future.
This job is a brilliant opportunity for anyone wanting to join still a fairly small, but highly ambitious and dynamic team of professionals, grow further within their area and beyond, have ownership over key aspects of the tech stack, and experience what a growing startup is.
Memgraph is backed by some amazing investors like M12 – Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Heavybit, Connect, and CounterView Capital. We are headquartered in London, UK, but working remote from different European countries.